Saturday, March 7, 2009

I tell people what to read Vol. 1: Fell




A while back Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith did a great comic Called Fell ( First issue here)








Now, I don't Know about you, But I hate coming in mid series or mid arc, not understanding what's going on. ( Which why I usually wait for the trades or take a massive wikiapedia Dump)





So I'm going to tell you everything you need to know about Fell so you won't be lost: Detective Richard Fell is exiled to snowtown, the worst burg in the city and has to deal with near-or-totally-mad-residents.








That's it. That's all you need to know.








Each issue is a stand-alone story ( a rarity nowadays), 16-pages long, and can be read in any order, as long as you're some-what aware of the premise, which I just told you.




And that' not the best part.







The Best part is that's a well-written, well-illustrated comic, that's only $1.99.


In a day and age with an extra dollar being slapped on every issue and hardcovers being released 4 months before the paperback trades, Ellis and Templesmith give you madness as only they can deliver without vampiricly sucking it out your wallet.


Sadly, Fell has stopped coming out, as Mr Ellis is going through a "Holy-Shit-I'm-getting-older-and- must-get-my-ideas-out before-die"phase, and has a million other projects he's working on, but do to it's low price, you could probably get the whole series for under 30 dollars. Or you could just get the tades.


No comments: