For a movie that is basically Dances with wolves IN SPACE it more than lives up to hype.
I mean, It' s as if James Cameron took everything he did in Terminator, Aliens, and Titanic and combined them into a 3d-furry Voltron (That sentence was paraphrased from my friend Nathan. Please do not kill me, Nathan. I have kids. Somewhere. Maybe.)
Anyhow: here's a random list of thing I liked about the film:
1)I like how theirs pseudo-scienictentific explanation for the stand red Mystic-nature-Mambo-Jambo going on. makes some latter scenes make more sense, rather then coming off as cheese.
2) The 3d effects are more subtle than, "Ahhh, theirs a spear in your face!" It Plays into the background giving the whole thing a sense of Being "Real" so to speak
3) The main antagonist is possible the most crazy bad-ass character in the entire film. The Dude kicks open an airlock , marches into a toxic Atmosphere without an oxygen mask . He doesn't need one-He has extra oxygen tanks stored in his massive balls
4) You know, the pilot lady (Learning character names is for squares, man) is pretty much the same character as Private Vasquez from Aliens
5) I did not realise that Sigourney Weaver was in this movie until the credits rolled
6) The Giant Robots are equipped with gigantic Combat knives. Okay, Who has that kind of Foresight? Who says to themselves "Okay, just in case we end up fighting 6-foot tall Smurfs riding giant cats, we're going put a Giant Combat Knife on the robot?" Whose equipping this army, Batman?